I suggest you ...

Emulate iPhone user agent on some web apps

Where those web apps have better user experiences built for the iOS Safari browser

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SydienceAdminSydience (Team, Sydience) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Sxb joogi waxa aad sameysay

• Philip ChanPhilip Chan commented  · 

Custom web app should also provide custom user agent. Better if a predefined list for choosing and a user custom.

• FedericoFederico commented  · 

Twitter looks better in Android too

• Bryan DadyBryan Dady commented  · 

M.edmunds.com is another possible example. For some reason their web server sends my WP8 IE back to their desktop www.edmunds.com page. I'd love it if WebApps could trick 'em into forcing the site to stay in mobile mode

• James KliemtJames Kliemt commented  · 

m.AFL.com.au is a great example of a siite that looks a thousand times better with an iPhone user agent. I think it would be great if you let users decide which pages look best with which agent.

• SydienceAdminSydience (Team, Sydience) commented  · 

We already do this for certain web apps, but have run into a limitation whereby this is not possible for apps that require POST requests (i.e. submitting forms). This limits us as we are not able to use it for web apps that require logging in, searching, etc.

We are investing some alternative ways of implementing this and will keep this suggestion updated as we make progress.

Feedback and Knowledge Base